Electronic Log for Saad Shaikh
- Final report.
- Plot x-scale factors against normalised y-scale factors.
- Re-attempt LeCroy scope dead-time measurements.
- Literature review.
- First Birmingham experimental run.
- Wrote code to load and plot Caen digitiser data in histograms.
- Overhauled LeCroy data analysis routines: (short region) double baseline sigma testing, dynamic integration window allocation, empty acquisition checks.
- Wrote code to scale and plot LeCroy & Caen data onto single plot, using approximate x and y-scale factors.
- Wrote code to load and plot PRaVDA data in 2D histograms.
- Wrote code to correlate tracker and calorimeter measurements, to produce a list of events with X, Y, E coordinates.
- Wrote code to plot matched events into various 3D histograms: XY, XE, YE.
- Progress report.
- Progress interview.
- Improved LeCroy & Caen matching by finding x-scale factor through chi-square minimisation.
- All runs from first Birmingham put through matching algorithm. Energy spectra, 2D tracker histograms, and 3D XY, XE & YE histograms plotted for all runs (187 plots).
- Wrote code to plot 3D XY histograms, but with the height of bars being the average energy in the bin.
- Improved LeCroy & Caen matching by finding y-scale factor through chi-square minimisation or through peak event counting. Peak event counting method best.
- Converted energy to range in XYE histogram.
- Plotted 2D number density histogram alongside 3D XYRange histogram.
- Produced poster for PPRIG 2019 of experiment with single-module calorimeter and PRaVDA tracker.
| 07/02 - 08/02
|| UCL PhD Interview
|| Final Report Deadline
|| MSci Presentation Week