This page contains information on the various pieces of experimental equipment that form the Proton Calorimetry detector setup.
The list of items and tools stored in D106, updated on Dec 2020, is available on the D106 Inventory and Location page.
The ISDI 1510-100 15x10cm CMOS pixel sensor allows images of the scintillator detector stack light output to be recorded.
More details can be found on the ISDI CMOS Sensor page.
The Caen DT5800D Detector Emulator provides the capability for emulating the output of an arbitrary detector system.
More details can be found on the Caen Detector Emulator page.
A Nikon D70 DSLR was borrowed from Adam Gibson in Medical Physics to allow remote acquisition of scintillator images.
More details can be found on the Nikon D70 DSLR page.
The DDC1128EVM provides a platform for evaluating the DDC1128 charge digitizing A/D converters. A PC interface board and two DDC1128 devices are included along with software that makes analysis and testing of these devices manageable.
More details can be found on the TI DDC1128 Evaluation Module page.
The DDC232 is a 32-channel ADC. Housed on a custom circuit board, it used to measure the charges of 16 photodiodes and is interfaced with a Nexys Video.
More details can be found on the Nexys Video and DDC232 page.
More details can be found on the Remote Desktop Access page.
More details can be found on the Connecting HV to DAQ Laptop page.
Details of the analysis of single-module calorimeter data taken by the LeCroy scope can be found on the LeCroy Oscilloscope page.
This page needs to be updated with work completed in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Manuals for relevant detector hardware.
- Full description of the WaveCatcher Family hardware with paths to Control & Readout software and libraries. Covers the 2-channel and 8-channel WaveCatcher modules, the 16-Channel WaveCatcher board and module, and all the options of the 64-Channel WaveCatcher Crate (16, 32, 48 or 64 channels).
- Users manual for WaveCatcher64Ch Control and Readout Library
- User manual for the WaveCatcher Family Control & Readout software (Windows Only, includes scope-like GUI).
- DT5751 Product Page
- Caen product page for DT5751 2-4 Channel 10 bit 2/1 GS/s Digitizer.
- DT5751 User Manual
- User manual for DT5751 2-4 Channel 10 bit 2/1 GS/s Digitizer.
- DT5740 Product Page
- Caen product page for DT5740 16/32-Channel 12 bit 62.5MS/s Digitizer supporting DPP-QDC firmware.
- DT5740 User Manual
- User manual for the DT5740 Desktop 16/32-channel Desktop Digitizer, that also functions in QDC charge integration mode with the DPP-QDC firmware.
- User manual for the Digital Pulse Processing for Charge to Digital Converter DPP-QDC implemented exclusively for the "D" model of the 740 Digitizer series (740D).