Proton Calorimetry/Equipment/ISDI CMOS Sensor
Install EPIX sotware on Windows
- EPIX distribtors http://www.epixinc.com/links/distlist.htm#international
- EPIX software suport http://www.epixinc.com/support/pcitips.htm
Software Installation Instructions
- Sotware installation (grphic card not connected)
- from www.epixinc.com Downloads (http://epixinc.com/support/files.php), download the PIXCI® V3.8 Software, 64 bit app for Windows 64-Bit1 (file name: xcapwin64.exe)
- double click on the file to start the softwre installation
- the softwre will install all the drivers needed for the graphic card installation
- error message: drivers pre-installation failed. But the sotware is installed
- open XCAP to agree the license
- enter the Software ID and Submit
- the submitted ID should allow the software setup: XCAP-Lite -> OK
- software installation completed
- at this point you should have the error "Driver not installed or frame grabber not installed"
- once the Software installation is complete power down the computer and install the PIXCI frame grabber.
- OR restart Winsows and plug-in the frame grabber via thunderbolt 3 connection
- from the Device Manager you should see the Immaging device PIXCI(R), but with an esclamation mark.
- open File Explorer -> Program Files -> EPIX -> XCAP -> drivers -> Win10x64 -> right click the file epixxcw6 and manually install the driver
- on Device Manager -> right-click Immaging device -> Update Drivers ->Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer -> select the driver from the list (PIXCI E8 ..., the one digitally signed!)
- "Windows has finished installing the drivers"
- the application could ask you to restart windows. If not, restart.