Proton Calorimetry/Equipment/ISDI CMOS Sensor
Install EPIX sotware on Windows
- EPIX distribtors http://www.epixinc.com/links/distlist.htm#international
- EPIX software suport http://www.epixinc.com/support/pcitips.htm
Software Installation Instructions
- Sotware installation (grphic card not connected)
- from www.epixinc.com Downloads (http://epixinc.com/support/files.php), download the PIXCI® V3.8 Software, 64 bit app for Windows 64-Bit1 (file name: xcapwin64.exe)
- double click on the file to start the softwre installation
- the softwre will install all the drivers needed for the graphic card installation
- error message: drivers pre-installation failed. But the sotware is installed
- open XCAP to agree the license
- enter the Software ID and Submit
- the submitted ID should allow the software setup: XCAP-Lite -> OK
- software installation completed
- at this point you should have the error "Driver not installed or frame grabber not installed"
- once the Software installation is complete power down the computer and install the PIXCI frame grabber.
- OR restart Winsows and plug-in the frame grabber via thunderbolt 3 connection
- from the Device Manager you should see the Immaging device PIXCI(R), but with an esclamation mark.
- open File Explorer -> Program Files -> EPIX -> XCAP -> drivers -> Win10x64 -> right click the file epixxcw6 and manually install the driver
- on Device Manager -> right-click Immaging device -> Update Drivers ->Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer -> select the driver from the list (PIXCI E8 ..., the one digitally signed!)
- "Windows has finished installing the drivers"
- the application could ask you to restart windows. If not, restart.
ISDI Sensor Instructions
General Sensor Configuration
- Base Configuration is 14 x 1 Bit
- Resolution is 1030 x 1536 pixels
- For selecting pixel rows in centre: Use horizontal offset (ignore DVAL to activate field) and horizontal resolution
Increase number of frame buffers
- To increase the number of frame buffers to the allowed maximum, start XCAP as administrator.
- Select Capture/Sequence Capture/Video to Frame Buffers/Driver Assistant
- Tick box in left field, then set number of frame buffers here.
Serial Terminal instructions for ISDI sensor
- Find serial terminal in PIXCI(R) tab of sensor control software.
- In Controls/Options: Make sure "Send string with CR" is selected. Should be default.
- In Controls/Setup: Select Serial Port: Enabled. Baud rate has to be 115200
- Set low full well mode using W000300000
- Set high full well mode using W000300004
- Read full well mode using R0003
Continuous Field buffer setting
- This setting makes sure that the buffer is filled with a new frame as they come in. If this option is not selected the sensor and software will not be synchronised and we *will record a lot of pitch black images.
- Select Capture/Live Options//Live Mode/Live Video: Continuous All buffer capture