Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 6th December 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker, Matthieu Hentz
- Working on ROOT fitting for LeCroy binary data:
- Two classes for loading (LeCroyData) and analysing (LeCroySpectrum) data.
- Methods that get time/voltage arrays for individual triggers reset time to zero.
- Current integration in LeCroySpectrum chooses region based on voltage levels: SJ and LK suggested more robust to use time window. ABF said Caen integration window 100–200 ns.
- Will contact Tony Price at Birmingham regarding taking some data with trackers!
- Investigating alternative methods for fitting to Matthieu's simulated energy spectrum for Clatterbridge data.
- Investigating difference between MC truth and energy resolution returned by fit:
- Adjusting energy resolution of scintillator (nominally 8.5%): gives Monte Carlo truth resolution of 1.36% at 60MeV.
- Fit resolution doesn't change with increasing energy resolution.
- Spectra look very similar for different scintillator resolutions: overlap within error?
- Will run simulations with very small resolutions and dig further into fit.
- Will chase up Hamamatsu regarding flat panels.
- Run Clatterbridge simulations with angled stopper:
- Largest angular offset of 15 degrees means 0.75mm difference in depth.
- Angle offset causes spectrum to flatten.
- Has written a talk for PPRIG...