Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 22nd August 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Matthieu Hentz, Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Ohie Mayenin
- Managed to reconstruct CT phantom using Simon Rit's code:
- Can generate images of stopping power values: used 270m protons in 3 hours, including reconstruction.
- One anomalous point needs chasing up...
- Will email Simon Arridge and Jamie McClelland to arrange meeting and discuss.
- Made steps forward in understanding Reinhard Schulte's reconstruction algorithms: will email to get access to code.
- Need to think about comparison criteria.
- Has to give CDT talk on 17th September.
- Presented some background on the Fast Treatment Plan Verification experiments:
- Code now working to allow reconstruction of spectra with less user interaction.
- Tested scope with light pulser to check spectra reconstruction:
- Results correlate for everything except 1MHz pulses.
- Need to find out why 1MHz only reconstructed as 300kHz.
- Will set up equipment with SJ to test.
- Tony Price replied: will go for experimental test in October.
- Cleaned up Jordan Silverman's CAD model of Clatterbridge.
- Viewing in Adobe Acrobat with 3D CAD plugin: very neat!
- Disgarded obsolete or corrupted components.
- Need to include realistic dose monitors:
- MH pointed out that housing should be square PMMA plastic.