Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 5th/6th March 2019 (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSc Meeting, 5th March (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, James Golbourn, Raffaella Radogna
- Met with Alison Warry and Andrew Gosling at UCLH regarding daily QA:
- SJ and RR present.
- Resolved various queries regarding daily QA.
- Planning on using Sun Nuclear DQA3: cheap (£8k) but functionality poor.
MSc Meeting, 27th February (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Fernando Franco Felix, Raffaella Radogna
- Producing image maps of pictures taken at Clatterbridge.
- Already checked with Clatterbridge that everything can be public domain.
- Reply received from Hamamatsu.
- Some calculations not clear: SJ will chase up.
- Checking scale factors for comparing Caen and LeCroy spectra.
- Looking into peak signal size to compare different PMMA thicknesses.
- Writing first draft of final report: should send to SJ in a week.
- Issues with Clatterbridge BDSIM simulation: odd results from some runs but not others:
- Magnet field strengths arbitrarily changed.
- Beam loss at some quadrupoles.
- Jacinta is investigating.
- Preparing for Clatterbridge trip on 28th Feb.