Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 4th October 2019 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh
- RR presented current status.
- Various photodiodes already purchased; DDC1128 EVM's purchased.
- Simple light injection setup with 270nm LED.
- EVM connected to photodiodes through removal of resistors on daughter board.
QuARC Task List
- Scintillator manufacture
- Photodiode coupling
- PD to single layer
- SMA connectors and plug for PD pins
- LED with optical fibres to inject light
- signal from the scope (4 channels)
- LED standalone to move the light on the stack
- “permanent" PD coupling to scintillators
- Front end (photodiode) electronics
- replacement for AIB
- speak to Bernard Bristol
- contact TI and to check if we can use AIB for our purposes (dedline Dec.)
- ask TI if we can use our customised AIB with the EVM
- speak to electrical eng. for circuit board DDC232 (about 10cm stacks considering 3mm layers)
- Back end (FPGA/comms) electronics
- Data analysis