Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 21 October
Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Successfully ported FPGA design to Nexys video.
- Immediate minor improvement through built-in dedicated UART port on board, PMOD-USB adaptor no longer needed.
- Will investigate ways to remotely set FSR and integration time without reconfiguration, latter will be more tricky.
- Started investigating full USB 2.0 interface.
- Using this tutorial.
- Tutorial works but speed is slow – currently in touch with author who has suggested next steps.
- Will visit UCL on 23/10/20 for further photodiode testing with Raffy.
- Will be on holiday week of 26th Oct.
- Meeting with Raffy earlier in the week to discuss the MSci project and literature review.
- Currently writing the literature review.
- First draft will be sent to Ruben, Raffy and Saad for some general feedback soon.
- Will inform Simon of the progress once the first draft is complete.
- Trouble with Student Finance and University fees currently (MSci/MSc conflict). Faculty and Department involved but prioritising efforts to resolve this right now.