(Difference between revisions)
(→Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 3rd February)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings,
== Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, February ==
=== Present ===
=== Present ===
Revision as of 15:12, 10 February 2021
Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 10th February
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Implemented dynamic setting of number of DDC232 boards in UART FPGA design (in addition to USB design).
- FTDI script now starts a new file for measurements after specified refresh rate, rather than after a certain number of measurements.
- WriteCSV however still requires specification of refresh rate to ensure file reader doesn't break – synchronisation is easier now that new files are started after time periods.
- Will investigate performing writeCSV tasks at FTDI level, to improve DAQ rate and synchronisation.
- Added Bragg fit to live DAQ: liveFit reads latest file, averages measurements and then performs fit.
- Took Run 47 from HIT April 2019 dataset as sample Bragg curve and scaled real photodiode data as small amount of noise.
- Typically achieve 2-3Hz with 48 data points (3 DDC232 boards), whether plot is displayed or not. Appears that number of data points is the largest bottleneck.
- Will need to investigate non-ROOT-based fitting procedures to improve fitting rate.
- Did a fresh install of MacOS Big Sur on DAQ MacBook Pro.
- Problems installing MacPorts and ROOT, due to Xcode SDKs. ROOT appears to want 11.0 whereas MacPorts wants 11.2. Latest version of Xcode appears to only provide 11.1!
- Will chase up Texas Instruments about DDC232 daisy-chain problems.
- HEP PhD "Summer" School will be held online for two weeks beginning 15th March. Will need to present a poster on work so far.