Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 12th October 2016 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Laurent Kelleter, Andreas Christou, Matthieu Hentz, Adam Knoetze
- Working through tutorials on PBT Wiki.
- Issues with starting PBT environment: can’t find OpenGL sometimes when connecting from OS X Terminal.
- Suggestions to try XQuartz; also check from HEP Linux PC.
- Problem tracked down to XQuartz v2.7.9: downgrade to v2.7.8 solved issue (replicated by ABF and SJ).
- Working on Literature Review.
- Working through ROOT Tutorials: going to stick with ROOT over PyROOT unless there's a specific need.
- Will start looking at ADC data and fitting: ABF explained the differences between waveform fit and ADC spectrum fit.
- Will start with ADC spectrum fitting: has some old Python code with fitting that can be recycled.
- Writing literature review.
- Having trouble converting LeCroy binary to text files in Python: can't truncate number of decimal places or format when writing to text file.
- Will speak to Ben Waugh about Python text exporting.
- Finished running through the Geant4 PBT tutorials.
- Managed to get ABF’s SuperNEMO Optical Module simulations working on SLC5.
- Not yet working on SL6: will speak to Lawrence Deacon about errors (Issue with
- Will look at results on SLC5 before moving to SL6 to make some plots for comparison.
- Once ABF's OM simulations are running on SL6, will start to look at segmented calorimeter simulations.
SJ still needs to contact Andrzej Kacperek at Clatterbridge and colleagues at PSI/MedAustron to arrange next experimental visits...