Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 29th March 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville
- Looking at specific peak PMT current:
- Acquire data with different rates:
- Calculate average current to compare at what point saturation occurs.
- Matches predictions almost exactly!
- Small rise at "saturation" current before drop off.
- Will pass on information to Hamamatsu to "guide" them in producing lower gain PMTs.
- Looking at dose build-up effect in proton therapy and secondary particles.
- Secondary particles in Geant4 difficult to characterise due to range cut.
GetTotalEnergyDeposit()doesn't include energy from secondary particles...
- Need to check whether 20 micron range cut is short enough with Adam Gibson.
- Clear build-up effect from secondary protons:
- Need to check RBE of the resulting short-range protons.
- Effect of hadronic build-up means Bragg curve incorrect for entrance dose.