Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 18th July 2017 (D107, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Ruben Saakyan
- PMT bases are on their way from Hamamatsu!
- Start with testing dynode 4 and 5.
- Measure peak and average anode current with LEDs.
- Check low rate performance first, then increase rate to check whether distortion occurs above 1MHz.
- Gated PMT will require a bit more thought...
- Scintillator sheets also shipped from Nuvia:
- Samples of 100x100x10mm, standard and pTP enhanced composition, 0.3mm foil to be cut as needed.
- Also 3mm pressed material included.
- WaveCatcher documentation for hardware and software available from Orsay:
- 2–64 channel versions available.
- Seems similar to Caen but with access to firmware.
- Applied bias voltage to photodiode preamp: signal increases, so does noise...
- Will check photodiode with 1–100 ms integration windows.
- Will also check maximum integration window for Caen DT5740D QDC 16-channel digitiser.
- SMA components mostly here:
- High quality Huber and Suhner components ordered for proton calorimetry; LOTS of less expensive (but still decent) spares available within group.
- SMA-BNC and SMA-MCX adapters all arrived.
- Waiting on 2:1 Mini-Circuits splitter.
- Various lengths of Huber and Suhner SMA cable borrowed from John Mitchell (UCL Electrical Engineering).
- Will email Ferruccio Renzoni and Peter Barker regarding coupling of photodiodes to electronics.
- Will contact Hakan Nystrom at Skandion (Sweden), Claus Schmitzer at MedAustron and Marco Pullia at CNAO regarding possible beam time.
- 28th July–11th August (holiday but contactable), 28th August–1st September (AWAKE installations), 4th–14th September (China).
- 29th July–5th August (holiday, maybe internet), 10th–21st August (no internet).
- 7th–11th August (Modane), 18th August–2nd September (holiday).
- Full description of the WaveCatcher Family hardware with paths to Control & Readout software and libraries. Covers the 2-channel and 8-channel WaveCatcher modules, the 16-Channel WaveCatcher board and module, and all the options of the 64-Channel WaveCatcher Crate (16, 32, 48 or 64 channels).
- Users manual for WaveCatcher64Ch Control and Readout Library
- User manual for the WaveCatcher Family Control & Readout software (Windows Only, includes scope-like GUI).
- DT5751 Product Page
- Caen product page for DT5751 2-4 Channel 10 bit 2/1 GS/s Digitizer.
- DT5751 User Manual
- User manual for DT5751 2-4 Channel 10 bit 2/1 GS/s Digitizer.
- DT5740 Product Page
- Caen product page for DT5740 16/32-Channel 12 bit 62.5MS/s Digitizer supporting DPP-QDC firmware.
- DT5740 User Manual
- User manual for the DT5740 Desktop 16/32-channel Desktop Digitizer, that also functions in QDC charge integration mode with the DPP-QDC firmware.
- User manual for the Digital Pulse Processing for Charge to Digital Converter DPP-QDC implemented exclusively for the "D" model of the 740 Digitizer series (740D).