Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 18th October 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Matthieu Hentz, Dan Walker
- Just got back from holiday.
- Writing build-up publication.
- Writing poster for Munich school and OMA meeting (5–9 November).
- Needs access to IPS account: SJ to organise.
- Literature Review deadline: Monday 23rd October.
- Set up Virtual Box on Windows laptop for viewing Tony Price's PRaVDA VM.
- From now till Monday: Literature Review!
- Working on LeCroy binary data class importing into ROOT:
- Managed to produce a spectrum!
- Will put together some slides describing method of spectrum production.
- Matthieu's now include more accurate dimensions for cap:
- Resulting spectrum looks slightly better with increase in low energy side of peak but still not enough...
- Will take Matthieu's latest particle distributions to check detector response.
- Checked boosted Hamamatsu base with second HV supply:
- Built HV connector with Derek.
- Results initially okay, but after half an hour of running something seems to have died...
- Running Clatterbridge simulations with collimator in nozzle:
- Improved nozzle cap dimensions so that overlap with nozzle is correct.
- Odd peak at 30MeV no longer present.
- Slight broadening in peak but nothing significant.
- Plotting beam intensity profile for Clatterbridge simulations:
- Large numbers of high energy particles appearing outside the nozzle.
- Will check origins upstream.