On the evening of 20 August, there will be a public "Evening of Particle Physics" from 18:30 in the Cruciform Lecture Theatre 1 at UCL. (Note, moved from LT2 due to high demand for tickets!)
Here's the listing on the UCL events page
The evening will be chaired by Jon Butterworth, and will include:
- An introduction to CERN and the Large Hadron Collider
- A brief account of the Higgs and its discovery by Mario Campanelli
- A virtual visit to CERN hosted in UCL by David Miller of Chicago University and in CERN by Christian Ohm
- A short talk by TEDx speaker Lily Asquith (Argonne National Lab/Sussex Uni) on sonification of LHC data.
- A short talk by Jay Wacker, a Stanford particle physicist who recently joined Quora, on applying particle physics skills elsewhere
A question-and-answer session/panel discussion with all of the above (except Christian).
The event will be aimed at the general public, and will be free, but booking is needed via the link below.
Online Ticketing for A particle physics evening powered by Eventbrite
Last modified: Tuesday 19th April 2022