Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 29th/30th January 2019 (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSci Meeting, 29th January (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Ohie Mayenin, Saad Shaikh
- Fixed issues with pyBDSIM script courtesy of Laurie Nevay!
- Run through ATF2 examples successfully.
- Exceed visualisation doesn't work without Exceed 3D extension:
- Should be covered under UCL CHEST agreement.
- Will contact Ben Waugh, Fahad Ihsan, Tony Hoare and Robert Silk to obtain access to UCL copy.
- Exceed 15 3D download is available from UCL SWDB Exceed download page.
- Will contact Laurie Nevay to get started with Clatterbridge BDSIM simulation.
- Will write up notes on all problem solving and include it in the ELog.
- Poster finished for PPRIG:
- Main poster plot comparing intensity just needs a few tweaks.
- Will change colour map and rearrange plot.
- SJ will attempt to produce poster plot in Matlab.
- Need to verify whether poster needs to be printed: SJ has emailed Charles-Antoine Collins Fekete and Russell Thomas.
- Caen HV now working over ethernet:
- Only works via telnet.
- Macs need telnet copied from pre-High Sierra OS.
- Installed software for Nikon D7500 camera.
- Organised cabling, electronics and scintillators into storage boxes.
MSc Meeting, 30th January (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Fernando Franco Felix
- Finished progress report: will submit today.
- Need to extract information from progress report to update presentation.
- Will recheck minimum and maximum signal currents from photodiode and contact Hamamatsu to confirm.
- Finished installing and testing software for Nikon D7500:
- DigiCamControl provides useful control but can crash camera if switching certain settings.
- Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 more stable but not free.
- SJ obtained quote for Nikon software from WEX: will probably purchase.
- More memory cards needed: SJ will purchase.