Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 13th May (Everyone is working from home)
Simon Jolly,Laurent Kelleter, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella radogna
- Worked mainly on the Market Research draft. The file is now shared with Simon
- The IAA project received three poritive reviews. Innovation and Enterprise asked for a mitigation plan due to the COVID circumstances. A detailed mitigation plan was sent on Monday this week.
- Will read Laurents' ch8.
- Read and gave feedback on chapters 3-5 of Laurent's thesis.
- Will read chapters 6-8 at some point next week.
- Read Christensen 2018 paper on ionisation quenching in scintillator and will add higher order term to Birks' law to see if ion fitting improves.
- Leverington 2018 has some useful information on Birks' constant for ions.
- Attending RAL/STFC lecture series for 1st year PhD students in HEP.
- Useful intro lecture to FPGA programming can be found here
- Have gathered resources from Raffy on TI DDC264EVM (user-guide, datasheet, FPGA code) and a textbook on Verilog and Logic Design.
- Will get in touch with Matthew/Erdem to discuss next steps.
- Wants to run more analysis for the He/C chapter of his thesis.
- Suggests an interesting paper about scintillating fibre beam profile monitor https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-0221/13/05/P05030/pdf
- Will provide source files for his thesis as requested by Simon
- Will start his new job on 1st June