Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 12th April
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna
- Tested Rev. C boards at home again with a torch – all looks OK.
- Will give Marko thumbs up to produce further boards.
- Simulation now can do Bortfeld fit on simulated depth-dose curve.
- Met with Laurent and Raffy to discuss simulation physics lists, optical properties and light collection.
- G4 v11 only requires simple implementation of QBBC physics list, replacing EM physics with option 4 and registering optical physics.
- Material composition, scintillation slow and fast components, ratio, yield etc. are consistent across Laurent's and Jeremy's simulations
- Optical properties (photon energy spectrum, absorption spectrum and wavelength shifting) seems to have been passed down from G4 examples(?) -> LZ -> Anastasia -> Laurent. Unclear whether figures are correct or even really matter. Will need to investigate this further down the line.
- Next step for simulation is to implement photon counting by sheet.
- Simon has printed new scintillator stack holder with gaps for fibre LEDs. Will begin testing new prototype after Easter break.