Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 27th April
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna
- 25 new 2.86mm sheets labelled and measured.
- 3 sheets slightly too large for holder, will need sanding.
- Will optimise stack with 48 sheets (25 clear, 23 white) and find required depth for stack holder.
- Cut 5 10cmx10cm Mylar foil sheets for lab LED tests. Will begin tests from tomorrow.
- Implemented high-resolution PDD and PDL curves in simulation
- Observe stepping in dose-depth profile correlating with sheet widths. Limiting max step size may fix this.
- Observe diverging light output at sheet boundaries. Will need to track photons to investigate.
- Matt Warren
- Simon has spoken to Andy Poynter about beam tests: possibility to do 2 beam tests before end of September.