< Proton Calorimetry | Meetings | 2022
Revision as of 17:21, 8 June 2022 by SaadShaikh (Talk | contribs)
Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 8th June
Saad Shaikh, Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna
- Attended and presented at CALOR conference in Brighton.
- Attended and presented at Frontier Detectors for Frontier Physics conference in Elba.
- Performed rudimentary summed average fit of +3cm and -3cm in x-direction from UCLH data to mimic dual photodiode setup.
- Results are underwhelming. Significant noise observed and fit results not great.
- Performed Bortfeld SOBP fit to HIT reference SOBP.
- Results are promising with little adjustment needed to p to obtain flat plateau.
- Implemented RevB/C as a parameter to photodiode/FPGA DAQ and analysis code. Also implemented automatic detection of FSR and number of DDC232 boards where possible.
- Simon has printed black version of stack holder for 100mm and 105mm sheets.
- Will test optical isolation with mylar foil sheets and compare to white stack holder.
- Asked Connor to cut stencil with extra coverage to cut "envelope" style mylar sheets. Will test this when available.
- Rev. C boards no longer functioning properly even with replacement Nexys Video board. Attempted some debugging with Matt Warren but will reach out to Marko to discuss further.
- Beam test booked for Thursday 16th June!
- Will prepare 48-sheet stack with 25 clear sheets and 23 white sheets, in black stack holder for use with photodiodes and CMOS sensor. No optical gel.