Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 29th/30th January 2019 (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSci Meeting, 26th February (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ohie Mayenin, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna, Jeremy Ocampo
- Looking into optical light production from Cherenkov and scintillation in Geant4.
- Struggling to implement realistic photon production with phase space file: SJ suggests contacting Ben Morgan <firstname.lastname@example.org at Warwick.
- Will start looking into spatial distribution of light production and photon counting: also conversion between light production and dose.
- Not attending courses: easier doing coursework remotely.
- First runs of Clatterbridge BDSIM simulations.
- Will play with simulation and check accelerator beam line parameters first.
- Clatterbridge visit tentatively scheduled for 28th Feb.
MSc Meeting, 13th February (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Fernando Franco Felix, James Golbourn, Raffaella Radogna
- Researching uses of IBA Lynx and Sphinx:
- Sphinx coupled to Lynx used for daily QA.
- Lynx is scintillator screen; Sphinx is series of RW3 absorbers used for range checks.
- Looking into different uses of scintillators and scintillating fibres.
- Investigating radio chromic films.
- Will contact Alison Warry with questions arising from previous talk.
- Handbook on photodiodes provided by Hamamatsu: using it for minimum and maximum power calculations.
- Will contact Hamamatsu to confirm calculations.