Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 6th January
Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Tested daisy-chaining 2nd DDC232 board prototype, discussed results in this presentation.
- Daisy-chain works with 2 boards but not 3 or 4. Observe strange correlation/mirroring of readings across 2nd and 3rd boards in the chain. Unclear why this occurs but determined that this is a circuit board issue rather than FPGA/PC issue.
- Will test daisy-chain with slower DCLK and in test mode to see if situation improves. Will also saturate photodiodes one-by-one to better understand which channels are "linked".
- Will likely need to contact Texas Instruments to ask why this might occur before discussing with Marko.
- Debugged USB interface – now correctly sends data.
- Need to optimise speed further: FPGA write timing and C++ read timing. Latter will be more important.
- Laptop should arrive at UCL this week! :)
- GUI currently functional in Chart.js operating at 10Hz.
- Tested with Saad and live photodiode data, minimal delay between light exposure adjustment and change in web plot.
- Delivered summary presentation in preparation for progress report write-up.