Myriad Extensions are available: to find the one that meets the requisite needs, there are a number of available resources:
- MediaWiki keeps a List of Extensions by Category: this is a good place to start when searching for a type of Extension.
- The MediaWiki Extension Distributor; this has the advantage that you can also use it to download extensions but you need to know what you're looking for!
- If in doubt, Google it...
Installing Extensions is generally very straightforward:
- Download and unpack the Extension folder;
- Move this folder into the
$IP/extensionsfolder within the MediaWiki installation directory;
- Modify the
LocalSettings.phpfile to include the extension. This normally involves adding a line like this to the bottom of
// mw.v 1.24.x or less require_once "$IP/extensions/extension_name/extension_name.php"; // mw.v 1.25.x or above wfLoadExtension( '<extension-name>' );
For more detailed instructions, see the MediaWiki Extensions Manual page or the relevant Extension Wiki page.
The following Extensions are installed for the PBTWiki: