Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 21st June 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Ruben Saakyan, Phil Allport
- Looking further into nuclear build-up for energy variation:
- Relative reduction becomes constant at beam energies above 200 MeV: "saturation".
- RS suggests that nuclear interactions become important above 200 MeV: suggests to count numbers of all secondaries by species in the entrance region.
- PA suggests using a liquid Hydrogen target to simplify the nuclear interactions.
- Assembling photodiode circuit with Hamamatsu preamp.
- Waiting on resistor value for preamp from Hamamatsu.
Suggestions needed for our Water Equivalent range telescope plastic scintillator detector.
- Scintillating Range Telescope