Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting with ISDI, 25th January 2018 (ISDI, 11 Leighton Place, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2QL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, ISDI Personnel
CMOS sensor hardware:
- Sensor size: In principle any size can be manufactured/composed, but if time matters we have to live with what they have on stock.
- Other specs (pixel size, frames per second...): Again, we have to live with what they can provide by now but once we have more time we can choose the one best suited for us.
- Pixel size: Between 50 and 200um
- Readout speed: depends largely on the sensor size. Usually around 50fps, but can be increased if less columns are read out (if smaller scintillator is used)
- Dynamic range: 74dB which translates to approximately a factor of 5000
- Light sensitivity: Can be adjusted on a software level: Low/high full well mode
- ADC resolution: 14 bit
- Power supply: One for the board plus probably one for a cameralink to USB converter.
- Data transfer: Only one cable (cameralink standard). Adapters exist to USB (3?) or Ethernet.
- Setup cost will range from 7,000$ to 12,000$, depending on quality of sensor (number of dead rows and columns) and additional hardware (e.g. cameralink to USB connector costs 1,000$).
- Board and sensor size: Significantly smaller compared to PRaVDA Priapus sensor! The sensor size is the size of the active area and about 1-2cm in depth. The board has approximately dimensions of 10cm x 8cm x 2cm (with plugs). We can have a hard plastic case for the sensor if needed. It adds about 3cm on each side and 1cm in depth.
- Fibre optical plate: standard is 3mm thick. It will be glued to the sensor by ISDI. The plate protects the sensor and allows to apply optical grease on it in order to connect it to the scintillator. There is the possibility to dim the light output using a less transparent optical plate.
- Thalis suggested that Laurent can come over to ISDI and be trained on how to use the software. He recommended aspect as it is more user friendly then XCap.
- Data format (image format) seems not to be fixed.
- Simon will register ISDI such that we can purchase their products.
- Thalis will come back to us with a list of sensors they currently have on stock and a quote.
- Laurent will go to ISDI in order to set up the software on our laptop and get trained to use it.