Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 7th February 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Matthieu Hentz, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker, Laurent Kelleter
- Looking into measuring rate of acquisitions for LeCroy scope:
- No built-in function to do this.
- Should be possible calculate it using built-in math functions.
- Manual not particularly clear...
- Looking at tracker data from Tony Price:
- Structure very simple: each timestamp also has 5 sets of X-Y-Z data for 4 trackers.
- To Do:
- Make up a list of all equipment needed for Proton_Calorimetry/Experimental_Runs/2018/Feb21
- Discussions in Sheffield with John MacMillan regarding low gain PMT.
- Low gain tubes are available from RCA, who are long out of business:
- Designed for use at very high light levels.
- Only 1 ever made: RS has obtained it from John.
- Tube has 5 dynode stages.
- We should take to MedAustron! May not have time to test it before though...
- Running tests on 2mm Scintillator Sheets using LED:
- All sheets marked with thickness.
- Sheets clamped then aligned to make sure they are perfectly square to camera.
- Using minimum aperture with 6s acquisition.
- Using different fibres: very different light output.
- Choosing fibre 8 gives more uniform light output from each sheet.
- Some measurements have much higher light levels.
- Repeating measurements gives highly repeatable light level for each sheet.
- Light levels within +/-25% for each sheet (+-10% for 3mm sheets).
- To Do:
- Visit ISDI on Friday.
- Run through sensor setup.
- Bring back to UCL.
- Get sensor working.
- Scintillator sheet thickness measurements added to [2018/FebScintSheets Wiki page].
- Autodesk Inventor currently installing for model construction and STEP-file export.
- To Do:
- Make CAD models of Clatterbridge beamline components.
- Export models as Geant4-compatible components.
- Rerun simulations to check differences in simulations with CAD components.
- Finished cleaning up simulation:
- Properly commented, neat code.
- Buffered readout also cleaned up: just needs to specify certain variables in run macro.
- Wiki needs updating.
- In contact with Jacinta Yap about Clatterbridge simulations:
- Had contact with Oleg regarding previous simulations.
- A file has been sent, but probably completely wrong...
- Finishing off CDT courses and coursework.
- Reading up on CT reconstruction: Inverse Problems course still running.
- To Do:
- Update Wiki.
- Finish off Exception handling.
- Group project submitted end of March.