Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 7th November 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Matthieu Hentz, Laurent Kelleter, Jeremy Ocampo, Saad Shaikh, Fernando Franco Felix, Ohie Mayenin
- Managed to run Geant4 photon tutorial by connecting from Windows/Mac laptops to plus1.
- Cannot view or analyse results: issues with running ROOT over SSH.
- MH will assist with setting up relevant software environment on Mac.
- Going through reading list provided by Jamie McClelland and Adam Gibson.
- To Do:
- Install MacPorts and ROOT on Mac.
- Try both local and remote data analysis.
- Pure Geant4 pCT simulation matches results from GATE.
- Reconstruction not quite working: resulting image does not represent actual object.
- Possibly to do with matching up pairs of protons from pre/post object: might be possible to assign individual proton ID.
- Issues with merging results from multiple simulations: cannot use more than 70,000 particles per simulation.
- To Do:
- Contact Simon Rit to discuss reconstruction issues.
- Contact Ben Morgan at Warwick to find solutions to simulation merging issues.
- Starting working on Geant4 simulations.
- Reading up on C++: SJ suggested getting started with the same tutorials as JO and MH.
- Plan of action is to work from Geant4 to BDSIM, then add in CAD modelling, before improving CAD model.
- Looking through data from Birmingham experimental runs.
- Results generally look good:
- Clear double peak for eyepatch data.
- Some spectra show unexpected double peaks: SJ suggests PMT rate effects.
- To Do:
- Analyse scope data by Christmas.
- Take data for LeCroy scope trigger rate test.
- Will be working on front end detector electronics design and readout for project.
- Identified possible photodiodes for range calorimeter.
- Contacted Hamamatsu but specific photodiode not available: will discuss with Anastasia Basharina-Freshville and SJ to contact Hamamatsu rep directly.
- Working on build-up simulation paper.
- Preparing detector for HIT trip.