Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 19th August
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna, Fern Pannell
- Updated FPGA design features:
- Switch 0 sets acquisition mode (triggered vs. continuous)
- Switches 1, 2, 3 control dynamic range.
- Buttons (0-3): reset, pause, trigger, test mode.
- LEDs (0-3): clocking wizard status, test mode setting, 2 state LEDs.
- Created pre-compiled version of Live Plot macro, with on-screen display of FPS.
- Gave Simon measurements of DDC232 circuit board for support bar.
- Completed 9-month research log entry.
- Primarily working on Transfer Report now.
- Will investigate calculation of photodiode light level uncertainty.
- Will email Marko about improvements to DDC232 circuit board (input-resistor mapping and LED on/off switches).
- Need to update Wiki pages about FPGA, detector operation and data analysis.
- Programmed the FPGA using Saad's latest version of the code. Tested all the features.
- Will look at the code to learn all the details
- Discussed with Ruben the physics part of the fellowship application. Will need to update the proposal shortly.
- Joao accepted to support the application. She will prepare a draft for his letter.