Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 2nd September
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella Radogna, Fern Pannell
- Almost finished first draft of report: need to cut 1-2 pages and edit.
- Simon is investigating how to send CSV data to HEP server.
- Confirmed with TI how to daisy-chain DDCs – Simon to respond to Marko.
- J2 of daisy-chain board to be connected to J1 of board connected to FPGA.
- DOUT appears to be sent to DIN correctly on CosyLab circuit diagrams.
- OR gates to cascade DVALID signals across board in future design.
- Might be able to connect DVALID of 2nd board directly to FPGA for test with Raffy's DDC232, though Marko says current design won't work.
- Tested CoolTerm on Raspberry Pi – doesn't seem to work. Fern has prepared Raspberry Pi to take home with CoolTerm installed.
- Raffy to investigate built-in alternative to CoolTerm using stty and cat.
- Need to test new jumper cables in setup – will go to UCL on Friday 4th September.
- Need further work on asynchronous programming (async-await).
- Research JS promises.
- Need to look into libraries for parsing CSV data and interactive data visualisations.
- Dual fan heat sink installed on 1 Pi.
- CPU temperature significantly reduced.
- Swapped out cooling pads for RS silicon gel - better thermal conductivity
- 3 SD cards loaded with essentials for use with Pi.
- Apache, PHP extensions, XRDP, Matchbox Keyboard, CoolTerm.
- CoolTerm tested on Pi - cannot keep up with config data.