Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 2nd September
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Finished transfer report.
- Wrote first draft of talk slides.
- Wrote Wiki page on background and operation of Zybo and DDC232.
- Uploading data to Plus1 seems to work with CoolTerm, C++ CSV generation and tail/cat commands.
- Will add argument in C++ macro to control rate of CSV file generation on local machine.
- Will write Wiki page on QuARC data analysis.
- Will implement readout before and after CONV toggles on DDC232.
- Will give a mock talk in next week's meeting.
- 2 Pis set up with Argon cases and thermal gel.
- Developed rough scaffolding structure for frontend display in JS.
- Chart.js library used for visuals.
- Researched and experimented with several parsing libraries.
- Papa Parse deemed the only suitable library for easy success client-side.
- Papa Parse can be revisited for more complex data structures (JSON).
- Manually parsing one-line CSV file with fetch API and node http server.
- Issue 1: CSV data only parsing when read as a column (reconfigure for row).
- Issue 2: Updating the data file is not reflected in the chart upon refresh - cannot test java PhotodiodeValues file until this is resolved.
- Next steps focus on reconfiguring the manual parsing for row-based data and resolving data updating issues.