Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 3rd March
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh, Fern Pannell
- Added third thread to FTDI code to handle file writing, resulting in small improvement to performance.
- Added ability to set test mode and integration time to FTDI code.
- Integration time set in units of 5us above minimum of 170us to maximum of 1455us (i.e. 170us + 255*5us).
- CTRL-C commands are caught by FTDI code to exit cleanly from DAQ, closing connection with FPGA properly.
- LibFTDI can be installed on Raspberry Pi and can receive data from Nexys Video.
- Latest version of FTDI code does not work on Pi, likely some compiler issues with "fancier" functions.
- Will rebuild latest version from older version of code that does work to find problem functions.
- Tested daisy-chain with resistors in place of photodiodes.
- See the same mirroring whether resistors are in series or in parallel to photodiode.
- Will reach out to Clive and Izzat to continue discussion.
- LibFTDI successfully downloaded and set up on Raspberry Pi.
- Old C++ code compiles, new code throws errors.
High Priority GUI Next Steps:
- Create a standard CSV file with >>16 points for curve data, plot and determine how to keep curve data within the same space as the PD bars.
- Generate links for buttons to add curves to plot that take the user to a new plot with curves overlaid on PD bars.
- Offers for PhD positions with UCL, Imperial and Oxford - Accelerator Physics (PhD Particle Physics).
- Cancelled Birmingham interview.