Proton Calorimetry/Experimental Runs/2021/Apr15
|Line 104:||Line 104:|
|00 || high || None || - || None || None ||
|00 || high || None || - || None || None || || || 0 || background ||
Revision as of 15:49, 14 April 2021
Afternoon test at UCLH with photodiodes and CMOS sesnor.
|Network Hub||Set in control room to take output from experimental room ethernet connection. Control laptops connected via 5GHz WiFi.|
|Control Laptop x3||2x remote control for sensor and FPGA, 1 for notes/web GUI.|
|Ethernet Cable x 3||To connect DAQ laptops to network in the experimental room, network hub to network in control room.|
|Portable Enclosure|| Modified Big Zarges Waterproof Wheeled Equipment Case.
Features mount for scintillator stack, front and back openings for beam, patch panel with ports for SHV, BNC, SMA, USB, Camera Link cables.
|Scintillator stack||X x 2 mm, Y x 2.6 mm and Z x 3 mm sheets in ascending order from the front/beam of the end of the scintillator. Sheet numbers from front to end (in beam direction): UNKNOWN.|
|ISDI CMOS sensor||sensor pixel dimension: 1030 x 1536. NO optical grease between scintillator and sensor. Connected to DAQ PC via Camera Link cable.|
|Nikon D7500||Connected to DAQ Laptop via USB cable.|
|DAQ laptop x2||Control sensor and photodiode acquisition.|
|Nexys Video FPGA development board.||For interfacing between DDC232 and PC.|
|Rev. 2 Texas Instruments DDC232 custom circuit board (x2)||Each housing 16x Hamamatsu S12915-16R photodiodes, coupled directly to scintillator sheets.|
|Gloves||For handling scintillator|
|Digital Caliper||For measuring PMMA air gaps|
Range Detector Experiment
ISDI Sensor Instructions
General Sensor Configuration
- Base Configuration is 14 x 1 Bit
- Resolution is 1030 x 1536 pixels
- For selecting pixel rows in centre: Use horizontal offset (ignore DVAL to activate field) and horizontal resolution
Increase number of frame buffers
- To increase the number of frame buffers to the allowed maximum, start XCAP as administrator.
- Select Capture/Sequence Capture/Video to Frame Buffers/Driver Assistant
- Tick box in left field, then set number of frame buffers here.
Serial Terminal instructions for ISDI sensor
- Find serial terminal in PIXCI(R) tab of sensor control software.
- In Controls/Options: Make sure "Send string with CR" is selected. Should be default.
- In Controls/Setup: Select Serial Port: Enabled. Baud rate has to be 115200
- Set low full well mode using W000300000
- Set high full well mode using W000300004
- Read full well mode using R0003
Continuous Field buffer setting
- This setting makes sure that the buffer is filled with a new frame as they come in. If this option is not selected the sensor and software will not be synchronised and we *will record a lot of pitch black images.
- Select Capture/Live Options//Live Mode/Live Video: Continuous All buffer capture
- Shoot-through measurements (back & front) for light calibration and level setting.
- Range measurements between 70-120 MeV with 1mm steps with CMOS sensor and photodiodes.
- High intensity range measurements between 70-120 MeV with 1mm steps with photodiodes at optimal light level.
- Live measurement of 3cm x 3cm x 3cm treatment plan.
Range calorimeter measurements with ISDI sensor + photodiodes.
Images from sensor: TBD
Photodiode hexadecimal data: TBD
- full sensor area
- shooting on BACK WINDOW
|Run number||Full Well Mode||Beam Energy (MeV/u)||Range (estimated)||N particles (Hz)||Spot size (mm)||DDC232 FSR (pC)||DDC232 Integration Time (us)||Degrader WET (mm)||Comments||Thumbnail|