< Proton Calorimetry | Meetings | 2021
Revision as of 18:17, 8 August 2022 by SaadShaikh (Talk | contribs)
Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 16th June
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh
- Delivered seminar for PART.
- Laurent pointed out problem with error bars: forgot to divide errors by root(N). Error bars are actually very small, showing that background noise is periodic.
- Laurent agreed to help with implementing improvements for ROOT fitting speed.
- Labelling and re-measuring scintillator sheets that Simon has removed black paint from.
- Optimised scintillator sheet pairings for 32 sheets: best combination is thickest/thinnest sheets. Gives average sheet thickness of 2.82mm.