Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 7th September
Saad Shaikh, Sonia Escribano, Simon Jolly
- Assembled prototypes and performed beam test at UCLH on September 1st. Discussed results in this presentation:
- RSP appears to be closer to 1.034 than previously assumed 1.024. Results are better but there is scope for more investigation with future rev. D prototypes.
- New sanded sheets from NUVIA have lower light levels and give worse data – Simon to inquire about future sets of sheets.
- Geant4 simulation work:
- Found that fixing Birks' constant improved fit with simulated PDL curves – went back to Laurent's simulated data and found that fits fail unless Birks' constant is fixed.
- Preliminary tests of binned fitting rate using simulated data: 3.55 Hz with 10 data points; 2.70 Hz with 36 data points and 0.64 Hz with 128 data points.
- Next step is to check photon propagation to edges of scintillator and investigate stepping observed with high resolution PDD.
- Set up template for research paper on Overleaf using Quenched Bragg paper.
- Matt Warren has fixed USB104 DAQ problems, will acquire code and implement his changes.
- Will also test set up with USB104 and GUI on Raspberry Pi.