Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 15th September 2016 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Adam Knoetze, Andreas Christou, Matthieu Hentz
RS and SJ gave a brief background on the Proton Calorimetry project; ABF presented some slides showing the current data analysis.
The projects were decided as follows:
- MH will continue the simulation work started by Roisin Stephens over the summer, modelling the Clatterbridge beamline in Geant4. MH will also include ABF's simulations of the proton calorimeter module and update it to the latest version of Geant4 in use on the UCL HEP Linux Cluster.
- AK will focus on hardware testing, including assessing the rate-dependent gain variation that has been observed in previous tests at Clatterbridge.
- AC will work on the analysis of the data from the previous experimental runs at Clatterbridge, including analysis of the scope waveform data and improved fitting.
- SJ to arrange user accounts for AK and MH on plus1.
- MH and AK to follow Geant4 Tutorials on the PBTWiki once accounts have been set up.
- AK to extract waveform data from LeCroy oscilloscope and convert to text file in format defined by ABF using Matlab script provide by SJ.
Clatterbridge Data Analysis
ABF presented some slides showing the results of the analysis into the waveform data taken during 2nd/3rd August experimental run at Clatterbridge.
- Changes in energy peak and spread evident between different runs.
- Possible rate-dependent gain variation of PMT: will investigate with Caen detector simulator once purchased.