Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 30th November 2016 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Adam Knoetze, Matthieu Hentz, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville
- Looking through waveform files for bad waveforms.
- No bad waveforms found searching by eye: ABF suggests using a higher rate dataset in order to increase the chances of finding bad waveforms.
- Will look at filtering peaks using built-in ROOT functions and throw away waveforms with double pulses.
- SJ will provide Matlab scripts for reading scope data: aim is to reconstruct energy spectra for scope data from 24th/25th November 2016 Clatterbridge run.
- Converted August 2016 scope data from binary: data on
- Not sure if timebase conversion is working correctly: will try and train conversion code on November 2016 Clatterbridge data.
- Detector emulator producing waveforms with various time distributions: able to provide custom time distributions.
- Running Clatterbridge simulations: using lateral surface mesh to count particles rather than looking at dose.
- Will meet with Lawrence to try to shorten simulation time (14 hours...).
- Intensity distribution at nozzle not quite flat: will look further upstream
- Managed to obtain Roisin Stephens' log book: not quite sure what most of it means...
- Will plot evolution of beam along beamline at each component.
- Working through data from November 2016 Clatterbridge run.
- Still see amplitude reduction at high rates, with the added Brucie Bonus of an amplitude increase around 200kHz...
- Removed PMT from Geant4 simulations and introduced photodiode element.
- Photodiode counts photons! 21 photons per proton at Bragg peak.
- Need to optimise simulation parameters: will try and reconstruct Bragg peak from photodiode output.
- Will try some Geant4 visitation tutorials to resolve errors with OpenGL visualisation.