Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 25th January 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Andreas Christou, Adam Knoetze, Matthieu Hentz
- Working on analysis of scope waveform data.
- ROOT will now identify bad pulses!
- ROOT TSpectrum will analyse waveforms for double peaks based on histogram distribution.
- Will next try and fit to good waveforms to train pulse filtering and integration.
- Anastasia suggests looking at low and high rate files with no absorber.
- Will also complete Java code to import binary files directly into ROOT: need to include input arguments.
- Looking at various output spectra from Caen detector emulator.
- Trying to set spectrum of waveform magnitudes (Caen instructions plus trial and error...).
- Taking average of "large" waveforms to produce mean waveform for emulator.
- Detector emulator time resolution much coarser than scope data (~160MHz): need to extract subset of individual waveform data to produce approximation of our waveforms.
- Next step is to put output of detector emulator into digitiser and try and recreate Clatterbridge results.
- Will also replicate Anastasia's experiments with LED light pulser injected into scintillator+PMT.
- Specification of components for Clatterbridge beamline.
- Need to check position and construction of dose monitors.
- SJ will send current document to Clatterbridge and Carsten Welsch (Liverpool) for checking.
- Looking into frequency-dependent gain from scope data for last Clatterbridge run.
- Using LED light pulser to inject light into scintillator+PMT to corroborate gain changes:
- Results seem to confirm gain variation seen with experimental results.
- Drop in gain somewhere around 20kHz.
- Finished analysing Caen ADC and waveform data from November 2016 runs: