Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 25th January 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Andreas Christou, Adam Knoetze, Matthieu Hentz
- Finished Java code to load scope binary files:
- ROOT Spectrum sigma calculated from first pulse in file: then specify number of sigma to look for other pulses.
- Looking into background of fitting.
- First trial run with LED pulser last Thursday:
- LED driven by cards in crate.
- Data acquisition with Caen digitiser.
- Finally resolved all issues with scaling waveforms on Caen detector emulator.
- Debugged issues with conversion scripts.
- Will speak to ABF about next steps with pulser and detector emulator.
- Putting together PDFs of Clatterbridge beamline layout.
- Finished overall layout and individual dose monitors.
- First beampipe section (with stopper) and dose monitor box still to do.
- Tracking emittance evolution along beamline.
- Simulating variation in beam position across scintillator, along with varying diode position.
- Tested affect of 9 different beam positions with 3 different diode positions along one edge.
- Maximum variation of 10% between beam positions: shouldn't be significant enough to degrade energy resolution.
- Also fixed energy deposition bug in Geant4.
- Will start looking at analytical formula for quenched Bragg peak...