Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 22nd March 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Laurent Kelleter, Adam Knoetze, Andreas Christou
MSci projects final deadline: Monday 27th March.
- Looking at dose build-up effect in proton therapy.
- Dose increases at start of X-ray depth dose curve due to short-range electron shower.
- Effect present for protons but much smaller.
- Managed to reproduce results over 10mm from Benjamin Tham's previous simulations.
- Build-up effect present for both electrons and secondary hadrons, but build-up much shorter for electron shower (~1mm).
- Will run simulations for 100MeV and 200MeV with higher statistics.
- Issues with integrating waveforms: SJ suggests inverting waveform and subtracting from baseline value.
- Will speak to ABF regarding differences in results from scope data.