Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 20th September 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker
- Analysing some results from Birmingham tests:
- We see a Bragg peak.
- Written up details of experimental runs on PBTWiki.
- Trying to get in touch with Hamamatsu regarding booster base:
- Provides higher anode current.
- Still measure signal from last dynode (maybe use earlier dynode).
- Writing PBT publication.
- Large fraction written: know what needs writing for the remainder.
- MedAustron data needs reanalysing.
- Geant4 simulations of detector need updating to Geant4.10.2 on SL6.
- Working on reading out header files from LeCroy scope binary files.
- Can see the trigger time array: will adjust Java code to print header data to screen.
- Will look into calling code from ROOT and pyROOT.
- Once code is working, will be let loose on testing DAQ with actual scope...
- Finished Geant4 tutorials.
- One of the tutorials is unfinished with data files missing (ElectronPHSP)...
- Will update Advanced Tutorials.
- Will write up documentation on using Eclipse for code editing.
- Submitted transfer report: currently writing transfer talk.
- Attended HEP summer school in Lancaster.
- Build-up publication to be completed.
- Will assist Anastasia with detector simulations and Birmingham data analysis.
- Next steps will be to understand MAPS sensor hardware readout.