Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 4th October 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Matthieu Hentz, Dan Walker
- Working on different visualisers for tutorials.
- Tried using Google visualisation package (the name of which escapes us...).
- Waiting on information from Tony Price on Geant4 visualisation: SJ will chase up...
- Detector simulations now include hexagonal module and Clatterbridge nozzle collimator.
- Trying to pin down origin of non-Gaussian shape of ADC peak from Clatterbridge data:
- Background measurements do show low energy peak but nothing at high energies.
- Low energy peak slightly reduced due to absorption in 4cm PMMA.
- Using Matthieu's latest simulations with 2mm collimator does show a non-Gaussian shape on main peak but not large enough.
- RS suggests putting an angle on the collimator in MH's simulations to check the effect.
- Also modifying mylar thickness to check effects.
- Have all parts for boosted PMT: should be ready to test.
- Running Clatterbridge simulations that Anastasia has been demanding!
- Working on splitting many particle simulation to increase proton numbers at nozzle.
- Having trouble killing particles...
- Will split simulation into 4 steps.
- Wiki needs updating.
- Been learning Java for PHAS3459.
- Will add in latest results to Build-Up publication, but also need to speak to Adam.
- Will email Michela Esposito and Tony Price regarding MAPS readout.
- SJ will contact Claus-Stefan Schmitzer regarding OMA placements.
- Shelved Java and Python versions of Lecroy binary file readout: all now in C++.
- Next step is to read data into ROOT.