Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 11th October 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Matthieu Hentz, Dan Walker
- Included aluminium to calorimeter simulation.
- Results not significantly different.
- Running Clatterbridge simulations with collimator in nozzle:
- Initial simulations used collimator with "exact fit" but particles still transmit around collimator.
- Adding lip to collimator stops "halo".
- Increasing collimator diameter shows increase in tail on low energy side of peak.
- Added cap to collimator: produces very odd energy distribution with second peak at 30MeV.
- Will modify geometry to reduce effect of peak.
- Running tutorials in Autodesk Inventor.
- Investigating CAD import for Geant4.
- C++ ROOT macro for reading in Lecroy binary data tentatively working.
- Will start plotting waveforms in ROOT and calculating ADC spectra.