Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 6th December 2017 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Laurent Kelleter, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker
- Refining Clatterbridge simulations:
- Noticed that particles were getting through a gap between the dosimetry box and the nozzle: due to Geant having difficulties with coinciding boundaries.
- Fixed by putting a brass ring around the nozzle on the outside of the box.
- Completing coursework and reading up on proton CT.
- Fixed smearing of energy resolution in simulations:
- Was smearing pre and post simulations: post-simulation always used 8.5%; now only smearing pre-simulation with variable resolution.
- Now correlation between Monte Carlo truth and reconstructed energy spectrum.
- Still seeing low energy tail.
- PPRIG was good!
- Mike Merchant wants particle spectra for Geant4-DNA simulations.
- Very helpful comments during evening meal...
- Not sure whether initial proton retains 'primary proton' ID.
- Everything should be finished with paper:
- Waiting for Adam to write his parts and polish off.
- Clinical part needed from Richard Amos.
- No answer from Tracey Underwood: becoming less likely...
- Lots of code housekeeping!
- Will contact Michaela Esposito and Tony Price about ISDI sensors.
- Gone back to looking into CAD modelling in Geant4.
- Going through Matthieu's Clatterbridge simulations:
- Learning how simulations run.
- Investigating introducing sensitive detectors for particle measurements.
- Improved code to integrate waveforms.
- Reconstructed Caen ADC spectrum: needs corresponding LeCroy binary files.