Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 31st January 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Ruben Saakyan, Matthieu Hentz, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker
- Making progress with extracting data from Leroy binary files:
- Aim is to load LeCroy waveform files, identify pile-up, calculate ADC counts and do it quickly.
- Previously used χ2 for selecting bad pulses; Schmitt trigger on rising edge faster.
- Integrating whole pulse gives broader peak with larger mean than Caen.
- Shortening integration window makes LeCroy peak match with Caen, even for low counts.
- To Do:
- Update information on Wiki.
- Badger Tony Price for tracker files!!.
- Work out how to calculate incoming trigger rate for LeCroy scope.
- Reanalysed scintillator sheet thicknesses:
- 3 mm sheets are closer to 2.75 mm but variation is mostly below 100 microns.
- 2 mm sheets have 2 groupings:
- 2.0 mm group has better flatness than 2.6 mm group.
- Thickness sigma of 3 mm sheets 90% below 30 micron target.
- Continuing to work on Clatterbridge simulations:
- Needs a list of things to do!
- To Do:
- Write up scintillator sheet measurements and post iPython notebook with analysis.
- MH will but JS in touch with Jactina Yap to include more components in beamline.
- Update from Jacinta Yap on Clatterbridge:
- Spoken to Andrzej Kacperek about positions of cap and nozzle: positions and locations shouldn't make difference to treatment.
- Dose monitor foils are 20 microns with air gap in between of 2 mm.
- Jacinta needs to know input parameters, particularly energy and energy spread.
- Trying to replicate bug in buffered readout for Geant4.
- Currently compiling Geant4 on Virtual Machine on new MacBook.
- To Do:
- Buffering of readout in Geant4.
- Put JS in touch with Jacinta Yap.