Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 7th March 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Dan Walker, Anastasia Basharina-Freshville, Matthieu Hentz, Jordan Silverman, Dan Walker, Laurent Kelleter
- Had discussions with Tony Price (+Mariana) at Birmingham:
- Marian has extracted timestamps for tracker data.
- Should be able to match up events from scope with tracker events.
- Now having to deal bugs in tracker reconstruction code...
- Tony Price confirms an energy of 28 +/- 0.15 MeV.
- RS suggests broad energy spread may be a result of upstream tracker degrading the beam.
- To Do:
- Fix bugs in tracker reconstruction code.
- Correlate with scintillator pulses.
- Create 3D dose distribution.
- CAD models of Clatterbridge beamline now complete based on MH's models:
- Some material definitions not clear: Kapton needs clarifying.
- MH suggests including the collimator and cap inside the nozzle.
- To Do:
- Add collimator and cap.
- Rerun simulations to check differences in simulations with CAD components.
- Finished coursework: 7 weeks till next one.
- Writing documentation for simulation: tidying up macros for publication.
- ISDI sensor now working with DAQ PC:
- XCAP-Lite software runs under Windows 10.
- Can see ambient light but not light from LEDs.