Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 30th May 2018 (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Laurent Kelleter, Matthieu Hentz, Simon Jolly
- Spoke to Stewart Boogert from RHUL at IPAC about BDSIM:
- BDSIM acts as a wrapper for Geant4 but with accelerator component import.
- BDSIM also provides its own CAD import that is superior to Geant4.
- Stewart has imported Clatterbridge CAD model into BDSIM.
- Also spoke to Jacinta Yap at PTCOG:
- Will carry out a thorough measurement programme of Clatterbridge beamline over the summer to confirm locations of all components and magnet currents.
- Reading papers on pCT from Charles-Antoine Collins-Fekete.
- Focussing on theory of reconstruction:
- Methods to deal with Multiple Coulomb Scattering: most use similar Most Likely Path reconstruction.
- Lots of information on fast reconstruction: will skip until after benchmarking.
- Also working on getting Simon Rit's pCT reconstruction code using RTK:
- Managed to compile for the first time this morning!
- Depends on Gate for simulations.
- Claus Schmitzer replied with 3 potential projects:
- MAPTA Development shifts to investigate Accelerator upgrades
- Carbon commissioning Efforts
- NCR efforts on Proton tomography
- Need to check insurance status for travel to Austria.
- Still working on analysis for range calorimeter.