Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 15-16th January 2019 (D12/D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
MSci Meeting, 15th January (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Saad Shaikh
- Solved chi^2 minimising for matching spectra.
- Fitting for horizontal scaling but not vertical scaling.
- SJ suggests to rerun chi^2 minimisation in ROOT only for vertical scale.
- RR suggests checking integral of each peak to generate best scale factor.
- Need to focus on 4D data binning for (X,Y,E) binning.
MSc Meeting, 16th January (D12, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Fernando Franco Felix, James Golbourn
- Presented summary of photodiode calculations: will update and include more detail on each step.
- Will contact Hamamatsu to confirm calculations.
- Preparing to present summary of QA detectors.
- Writing progress report: will include brief details on each QA detector.
Proton Calorimetry Meeting, 16th January (D17, Physics & Astronomy, UCL)
Simon Jolly, Raffaella Radogna, Laurent Kelleter, Ohie Mayenin
- Contacted Laurie Nevay: working through BDSIM ATF2 example.
- Working on generating analysis plots: script provided by James Chappell to get pyBDSIM analysis working.
- Working through to-do list!
- Writing up papers on quenched Bragg curve and build-up.
- Visualisation broken in old range telescope simulation...
- Will look into analysis of HIT data from first night.
- Updated to do list: hopefully finish this week.
- Working through Java marking.
- Installing Caen software on DAQ laptop.