Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 27th May (Everyone is working from home)
Simon Jolly,Laurent Kelleter, Saad Shaikh, Raffaella radogna
- provided comments to Laurent's Ch8
- Implemented a linear tail distal to the Bragg peak in the QB model. Compared results for standard QB and QB+Tail fits of PDL data. Results for April19 test beam are discussed in this presentation
- Will analyse Nov18 PDL
- analyse raw Nov18 images
- fit the depth-light profile
- Read and gave feedback on chapters 6-8 of Laurent's thesis.
- Will read remaining chapters over the week.
- Continuing with learning FPGA programming (slow progress):
- Tested 'WM controller' code given by Matt Warren, unsure if working, will contact him again.
- Udemy course lectures not that helpful so far, but now onto lab exercises which might be better.
- Found some Vivado-related training material on Xilinx University Program, will work through this.
- No response (yet) from Electrical Engineering about accessing course material.
- Discussion about taking on MSci student to work on FPGA communication with computer:
- Could be done in parallel with work in communication between FPGA and ADC.
- Hypothetical discussion, continue work as is but might be worth discussing feasibility of loading fitting procedures onto FPGA with Matt.
- On a similar note, need to ask Matt about High-Level Synthesis, which appears to offer framework for C/C++ code to be translated to HDL.
- Definitely should implement Kramer's model, perhaps by starting with definition for protons.
- Will use FPGA down-time and after reading Laurent's thesis to finish literature review and plan next steps with Raffy.