Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 22nd September
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh, Jeremy Ocampo, Fern Pannell
- Marked up white scintillator sheets with numbers and thicknesses.
- Discussion about stack holder design:
- Connor has started mocking up designs, will present at next meeting
- Current method of calibration with proton shoot-through is not sufficient for large numbers of scintillator sheets – requires 32 sheet modules where photodiodes do not move between calibration and insertion to full detector.
- Using radioactive source or UV LED injection can be an alternative method for calibration. Latter is easier, will inquire with Derek about this. Using protons for calibration also presents practical issues with obtaining beam-time.
- Fern will provide headless Pi later this week for testing.
- Work on more efficient GUI is underway.
- Will need to investigate detector control with GUI after handover.
- Heard back from Raffy, will continue work on IEEE NSS MIC presentation.
- No word from Spyros/UCLH, but Clatterbridge beam test is possible.