Minutes for UCL Proton Calorimetry Meetings, 6th October
Simon Jolly, Saad Shaikh
- Registered for IEEE NIS MCC 2021.
- Recorded video presentation and edited poster/slides. Will edit video once Raffy films.
- Implemented simple live fit gate:
- Using ratio between average photodiode value and peak value. With noisy data between 70-110 MeV, 1.8 seems to be a good cut.
- Spoke with Lorzeno Moneta about multi-threading, does not seem that ROOT-based multi-threading improves speed.
- Spoke with Ruben and Anastasia about optical gel: standard "550" should work.
- Applied expired gel to a photodiode as a test. Simon to order more.
- Spoke with Connor about stack design:
- Simon proposed improvements on current working idea, using large area plates to apply force and shallow front cap with corner edges.
- Connor to mock-up design and get back in touch.
- Partially tested experimental setup:
- FPGA/photodiode cabling done, need to test networking, DAQ laptop and Pi.
- Tape removed from scintillator sheets, edges require cleaning with isopropyl.
- Will setup and test headless Pi.